Thursday, February 2, 2012

"POOF" Pillow


Hi Everyone!

I've had a lot of people ask how I did this square poof and how much it cost... So here it is!

Supplies:
*Fabric- Kind of depends on your size prefrence.  Mine was 38"x 2 yrd (3.00)
*No Sew roll of adhesive tape - you will only use about a 1/5th of it (6.00)
*Scissors
*Iron
*Needle and any color thread- I used black... because it was laying around in my home.
*Stuffing- How much is up to you.  I wanted to make mine really plush.  I used 4 old pillows in my home that I was going to toss due to their "ugliness".  So I didn't spend anything on that part.

How to:
Lay your fabric upside down and fold in half.  In between 2 of the sides place the No Sew tape.  I didn't pin mine because it wasn't moving around on me... but you could.  Then place the tape on the 3rd side but not all the way, so that you can have room to turn it right side in.  Also, you will have to shove stuffing in... and it's really a large pillow.  I had to have my arm all the way in there manuvering the stuffing.  I left about 8 inches open, but it's completly up to you.

Next iron all the taped sides.  It held very very well for me and didn't take very long.

Next turn it right side in, so that the fabric is facing outward.

Stuff the pillow the way you would like it.

Thread your needle.  Sew up the last couple inches.  If you are using this for photos you don't see this at all.  I've already used it and it's fine.  Also, I had missed a spot ironing and didn't notice it until I had it completely stuffed.  I sewed that as well.

DONE!!

All together, I spent around $9.00 on the pillow.  I have tape left over even.... LOTS.  For the next project.  And I spent probably around 2 hours on the whole project, start to finish.

THanks for checking me out~  Next project I'm working on, will be homemade BANNER OF FLAGS.  Online they run from 14 to 30 bucks....  I made mine for 3.00!!!

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment